Passport Box Set
Passport Box Set
The "Uptime Elements" provide a simple way to understand a holistic, system-based approach to embedding reliability into an organization’s practices and culture. By using a unified theory and precise language to explain the fundamental elements of reliability and how they relate to each other, Uptime Elements allow everyone to gain an understanding of reliability appropriate to the work they do. All things that can be mastered begin with the acquisition of a specialized language that contains words, concepts and ideas. Using the word language in this context means speaking a language in the broader sense of understanding, as well as communicating the grammar, vocabulary and syntax so ideas and creativity can be shared.
Uptime Elements detail a reliability and asset management system that includes the five knowledge domains of:
- Reliability Engineering for Maintenance (REM)
- Asset Condition Management (ACM)
- Work Execution Management (WEM)
- Leadership for Reliability (LER)
- Asset Management (AM)
The Uptime Elements Reliability Framework and Asset Management System is built on a foundation of four principles for reliability leadership:
1. Integrity – Do what you say you will do.
2. Authenticity – Be who you say you are.
3. Responsibility – Be accountable/take a stand.
4. AIM – Work for something bigger than one’s self.
These leadership fundamentals focus on creating a culture of reliability and when combined with the technical activities of Reliability Engineering for Maintenance, Asset Condition Management and Work Execution Management result in an effective reliability strategy.”